Fall 2020 Season Updates! Games tentatively scheduled to begin the weekend of September 25th
Most of our regulating bodies have met, and here is what we anticipate:
- There will be a fall season!
- It will begin the last weekend of September and continue through mid November.
- To help us plan, we would ask you to register by September 7th.
- We would like to begin formal select practices by August 24 and recreational practices the week on September 14.
- We will have more precise Covid safety protocol listed on our website by August 31. This will undoubtedly include masks for those who are able on the sidelines and more spread out game schedules to decrease the number of people on the fields. We will also ask parents to wait outside the gates during practices.
- Teams with home and away games will be in smaller, more regional pools to limit travel.
1.) Shin guards. These are worn underneath soccer socks and can be purchased at any sporting goods store or discount store with a sporting goods section. You need to wear these at every team practice, open
training or at games. Cleats are less essential for children under 8,but you may provide them if you like.
2.) A soccer ball for practice. Size 3 for players under 8 (U6, U8), size 4 for players from 8-11 (U10, U12), and size 5 for players over 12 (U13 and older).
3.) Uniform. The complete kit is a black jersey, green jersey, black shorts and black socks. We have a limited number of rec shorts ($4) and socks ($2) available for purchase at the concession stand. We also have a few complete kits available, but our inventory is purposely small. You need both shirts, as your team will wear green when they are the home team and black when they are the away team. For players younger than 10, your number choice does not matter. For players born in 2010 or earlier (U11 and above), please check with your coach once they contact you for available numbers. For select or academy teams, please check with your coach before ordering a uniform kit. We may have more of these available in storage. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance. If your registration fee was less than $200 total, you will need to order the recreational uniform.
4.) Schedules, practices, team contact information. I am completing team lists this week and hope to be done by Monday, September 14th, We are still in need of volunteer coaches, so please let me know if you are willing to serve in this capacity. You should hear from a coach by phone or email between September 15th and September 20th. Teams will meet or communicate to determine a practice time that is best for the coach and the players. Most practices will be held at Robin Bledsoe Park, 601 S Bagdad, Leander 78641, U9/10 games (and occasional Academy games) will be primarily on Friday nights, younger games on Saturdays. Academy, older Rec and Select games will be held primarily on Saturdays and Sundays and will have both home and away games.
5.) Schedules will be posted at this link on our webpage once complete: http://www.leanderyouthsoccer.org/organizations/3107/pages/113146
Where to order items: https://www.challengerteamwear.com/store/leanderyouthsoccer/index